Bookstore - Regular Hours
Central Library - First Floor
223 S. Main
10:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
10:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
The bookstore is closed on Sundays and all Library holidays.
The Friends Used Bookstore is entirely operated by volunteers -- and your help is needed!
We welcome your donations of clean used books and magazines at any Library location. Please call the Library at (316) 261-8500 if making a large donation.
- All donations must in good shape. We cannot accept books with loose binding, missing pages, mildew or water damage.
- We accept nonfiction books that are outdated. We will accept rare or vintage books in good shape published prior to 1940 or significant historical or biographical books.
- We accept dictionaries, but not encyclopedia sets.
- We accept "coffee table" style books in good shape and of general interest older than 10 years.
- We accept fiction books, children's books and classic literature of any age.
- We accept most cookbooks, gardening or do-it-yourself manuals.
- We accept VHS, DVD, and CDs. We accept audio books on CD and cassette, but no music tapes please. No homemade recordings.
- No newspapers of any kind.
- We accept nearly all magazines in good shape. Just black out with a pen or marker addresses on front cover instead of cutting them.
- We do not accept National Geographics.
- No news or financial magazines older than 3 months.
The proceeds from the sale of your donations benefit the Wichita Public Library. All donations to the book store are tax-deductible.
The Friends hold special sales on an irregular basis. To stay in the know about special clearance sales, become a Friends of the Library member and receive a mailing directly to your home, check here regularly or send your e-mail address to email@example.com to be added to the Friends book sale mailing list.