Fees and Payments
The Borrower’s Guide outlines all late fees that are assessed when material is returned past the due date. In order to help you avoid late fees, most items can be renewed if you need the items longer, or find it difficult to get them back to the Library.
Payments can be made in person with cash, check, or a valid MasterCard or Visa. Credit card payments are accepted for balances that are $2.00 or more.
Payments can also be made through self-check stations or online at My Account. More information about online payments can be found here.
Refunds for payments made by credit card will be issued onto the credit card that was used to make the payment. Refunds for cash or check payments will be handled at any Wichita Public Library circulation desk.
Accounts with balances that exceed $10.00 that are left unpaid may be submitted to a collection agency. Wichita Public Library uses Unique Management to assist in the retrieval of long overdue material and in the collection of unpaid fines and fees. Accounts that are submitted to Unique will be assessed a collection agency fee ($2.95 for balances between $10-$24.99; $8.95 for balances that exceed $25.00). Pay balances on your account promptly to avoid collection agency fees. Accounts of adult customers with fees of $25.00 or more that have been turned over to a collections agency and are not in bankruptcy may be submitted to the Kansas State Set-off Program for collection.
To avoid fees:
- Return borrowed material on time.
- Renew materials online through My Account or by calling 316-262-6991. If you have any difficulties, contact Library staff at 316-261-8500 during business hours. Please have your library card number available.
- Report any lost material or a lost library card as soon as possible.
- Sign up for email notices to receive a reminder email several days before material is due.
- Monitor your library account routinely.
Back to Top